Collective giving to support community need in Kent and Medway
If you’re passionate about a particular cause but not ready to start a fund, giving through our Funding Priorities means you can pool gifts of any amount with others to make a bigger difference.
Our Funding Priorities are designed for anyone wishing to donate to local organisations through Kent Community Foundation.
Whether you are donating £100 or £100,000 this approach to local charitable giving allows you to decide which local beneficiary group you would like to benefit from your donation or, if you’re not sure, your donation can be spread across all five themes.
Our Funding Priorities target priority areas of need within Kent and Medway. Your gift will help us make grants to local grassroots organisations where a small amount of money makes a huge difference.
Our current Funding Priorities are:
- Children, Young People & Families - projects that are making a real difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in Kent and Medway.
- Elderly & Isolated - local projects that address the challenges faced by elderly adults and support people to stay well, healthy and independent and, most importantly, combat social isolation.
- Employability, Skills & Enterprise - projects that help vulnerable adults stay well and independent, with a focus on early intervention projects to tackle disadvantage, deprivation and social exclusion.
- Vulnerable Adults - projects which raise the aspirations and increase the skills and opportunities of people who are far from the labour market.
- Environment - projects which encourage local community action to improve the spaces in which we live and educational work focusing on the impact of climate change on our local communities.