Why we need your documentation
Why we need your documents – a reminder!
We have noticed a gradual increase in the number of applications coming through to us without all the necessary documentation. We need this to do a thorough assessment of your application and cannot take your request to panel without it – please help us to help you and send it in with your application. If you have trouble uploading documents with your application (and it can be temperamental from time to time) please just email them through to email@example.com and we will attach them to your application at our end.
What do we want?
- Recent bank statements – three months’ worth if you are new to us, one if you have applied before (we may ask for additional if you haven not applied for a while). What we are looking for here is evidence of a normally functioning account – so a range of incoming and outgoing transactions, plus of course we double check account and sort codes, double-checking that any grant made goes to the right place. If your monthly statements are several pages long, just send one random representative page (as long as your account number/sort code are displayed). If you want to redact surnames please do.
- Governing document – send this in if you are new to us, or if you’ve applied before, but your document has been recently amended.
- Most recent accounts – you can send us unaudited/draft accounts (the more recent the better is the key here) and if you are too new to have accounts, just send us a recent income/expenditure spreadsheet (your management accounts).
- Safeguarding policy – relevant to your beneficiary group and with review date on it. If you’ve changed nothing since you last applied, then no need to resubmit.
- Occasionally, certain specific funds may have additional requirements, but the four above are the basic essentials.
Please don’t feel we are hassling you if we have queries over your documents – each application must pass our due diligence and assessment processes before going forward to a panel for decision-making.
We could be like many grant-makers and immediately regret applications that don’t submit all advertised required documents, but we don’t do that.
We want you to be successful (almost) as much as you do!!