Care for Christmas Appeal 2021 - Freedom from AbuseThis year the Care for Christmas Appeal is collecting donations for women and children who have fled from domestic violence and are living in charity refuges in Kent.
We would like to help in some small way this Christmas time by providing toys and gifts for women and children who have fled from domestic violence and are living in charity refuges in Kent. We would also like to be able to donate money to the charities who will be housing these families over Christmas to help with the cost of this accommodation as well as food and other provisions to these families who have nowhere else to go.
As the instances of domestic abuse continue to rise so does the need for safe refuge for these women and children. The charities we will be supporting this year are doing everything they can to help these families rebuild their lives and with your help we can make this happen.
Watch the appeal video
You can drop off at these locations:
Donations will be shared with the charities below who provide assistance and shelter to victims of domestic violence in Kent:
Donations could be used to buy:
£15 could pay for a set of pyjamas and underwear for a child who has fled violence
- £20 can buy a set of plates, bowls etc, for a young mum moving in/out of sheltered accommodation
- £30 could provide an hour of counselling for a child or mother to help deal with their trauma
- £50 can buy arts and crafts needed for one of our children’s recovery programmes or a kitchen starter kit for a family resettling from refuge
- £100 can fund a fun day out for children and young people who have lived with domestic abuse or a pre-loved bed and new mattress for a client resettling
- £150 could pay for 10 hours of counselling to help someone recover from the trauma they’ve experienced