Care for Christmas Appeal 2021 - Freedom from AbuseThe Care for Christmas Appeal is collecting donations for women and children who have fled from domestic violence and are living in charity refuges in Kent.
Thank you to everyone who has donated to the Care for Christmas Appeal. Your donation will help us to support charities doing everything they can to help families escaping domestic abuse to rebuild their lives.
So far the campaign has raised over £11,500. Before Christmas, we distributed various items including dog beds, food and toys to Dogs Trust Freedom Project and children's and women's clothes, toys and toiletries to an Oasis refuge and families supported by Rising Sun, as well as providing everything needed for Christmas dinner so that these families could enjoy the day as we all did.
There is still time to make a difference. If you would like to make a donation, you can do so here. The campaign will remain open until 31st January 2022.
Watch the appeal video
You can drop off at these locations:
Donations will be shared with the charities below who provide assistance and shelter to victims of domestic violence in Kent:
Donations could be used to buy:
£15 could pay for a set of pyjamas and underwear for a child who has fled violence
- £20 can buy a set of plates, bowls etc, for a young mum moving in/out of sheltered accommodation
- £30 could provide an hour of counselling for a child or mother to help deal with their trauma
- £50 can buy arts and crafts needed for one of our children’s recovery programmes or a kitchen starter kit for a family resettling from refuge
- £100 can fund a fun day out for children and young people who have lived with domestic abuse or a pre-loved bed and new mattress for a client resettling
- £150 could pay for 10 hours of counselling to help someone recover from the trauma they’ve experienced