The Medway Parenting Support Fund from Medway Council seeks to support local charitable groups delivering parenting support to families in Medway.
Following the recent publication of the Medway Parenting Support Strategy, Medway Council is looking for local charitable groups who are able to deliver support activities/groups to benefit parents and carers of Medway children and young people 0-18 (or 0-25 if the Young person cared for has Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - SEND).
The funding will be used to deliver some of the outcomes that parents and carers in Medway said they would like to see:
To have confidence in their skills and ability, including a focus on their children's behaviours and emotional wellbeing along with the management of all relationships within the family
To easily access support for all, including for those with complex needs
Organisations are encouraged to support parents using the following methods, with an emphasis on self-sustaining models of support:
- Peer support run by parents/carers for parents/carers, experts by experience
- COVID recovery for parents and carers and their children
- Groups that are accessible to the community in a variety of ways
Organisations are particularly encouraged to deliver services that support overall wellbeing for families, including but not limited to:
- Fathers/dads/male carers
- Single parents
- Parents/carers with younger children impacted by the pandemic
- Parents/carers with their own disabilities and/or additional needs
- Parents/carers of children and young people who consider themselves part of an ethnic minority group
Grants up to £5,000.
Deadline for applications is Friday 30th September 2022.