The KCF COVID-19 Fund is Currently Suspended
We have awarded over £5m of funding since this fund was launched in March 2020 - firstly offering emergency grants as an immediate response to the most pressing needs, and now we continue to support organisations and groups as they adapt to new ways of delivering services and help people in the recovery from the initial impact of the pandemic.
Who can apply?
We will prioritise the following:
- Organisations working on food poverty/education, struggling families and on benefits and employment advice
- Small organisations reliant upon a small trading income (now suspended) to survive
- Second-tier community assets struggling to cover core costs to keep them ticking over until doors can be re-opened – so those places and spaces that community activities usually operate out of
- Organisations working to keep isolated people connected – older people, younger people, those with disabilities. Check out our Knock and Check campaign for more on this.
- Organisations working to improve people’s well-being and mental health – those that create a net increase in positivity
Organisations must be constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs.
How much can you apply for?
Grants are up to £7,500, but we anticipate most awards will be for less than that – we want this fund to support as many organisations as possible and so to reach the widest number of beneficiaries.
Please note: Where an applicant has more than six months of free reserves, we would expect them to be utilising some of those monies. Reserves are built up to be accessed in high risk scenarios, which is of course what we are in now.
We would expect organisations to have had a discussion about accessing reserves with their trustees before applying for COVID-19 funding.
The KCF COVID-19 Fund is currently suspended for applications.