We have awarded over £2m of funding since this fund was launched in March 2020 - firstly offering emergency grants as an immediate response to the most pressing needs, and now we continue to support organisations and groups as they adapt to new ways of delivering services and help people in the recovery from the initial impact of the pandemic.
Who can apply?
We will prioritise the following:
- Organisations working on food poverty/education, struggling families and on benefits and employment advice
- Small organisations reliant upon a small trading income (now suspended) to survive
- Second-tier community assets struggling to cover core costs to keep them ticking over until doors can be re-opened – so those places and spaces that community activities usually operate out of
- Organisations working to keep isolated people connected – older people, younger people, those with disabilities. Check out our Knock and Check campaign for more on this.
- Organisations working to improve people’s well-being and mental health – those that create a net increase in positivity
Organisations must be constituted community groups e.g. charities/CICs.
How much can you apply for?
Grants are up to £7,500, but we anticipate most awards will be for less than that – we want this fund to support as many organisations as possible and so to reach the widest number of beneficiaries.
Please note: Where an applicant has more than six months of free reserves, we would expect them to be utilising some of those monies. Reserves are built up to be accessed in high risk scenarios, which is of course what we are in now.
We would expect organisations to have had a discussion about accessing reserves with their trustees before applying for COVID-19 funding.
To apply to the KCF COVID-19 Fund CLICK HERE.
I am very grateful for your help last year, this money enabled me to go away with my daughter and give her the break she deserves. We were able to spend the money on doing things as a family and enjoy watching her smile and have a great time which I haven’t seen in a long while. I would like to send my warmest gratitude as you have helped me in more ways than you know. Thank you.Mandy
A HUGE THANK YOU for the work you do and bringing sunshine to people’s lives. You really have made a difference to ours.Mel
I would like to sincerely thank you for my guitar and the many accessories…I’m hoping to take music as one of my GCSE’s and now I have the guitar it will make my dream come true.Young Carer
Thank you for your grant…This has come at a much needed time. Your grant will help my son access the amazing activities his school have on every half term and summer holidays.Angela
I'm writing to you as I want to thank you for your kind and generous financial award which you gave me to attend Sea Cadets. Words alone can't express the happiness this opportunity has given me, I love sea cadets because I've been able to make new friends who enjoy the same things I do and it given me exciting opportunity which school and other organisations would not of been able to give me.Young Carer
Just a note to say a huge thank you for my daughter’s IPad and speech app…Life with autism is tough if can’t communicate. This new IPad will come with her everywhere she goes so she can express her needs and make suggestions. A complete godsend! Thank you so much!Claire