Useful resources for charities, voluntary and community groups during Coronavirus pandemic
- Kent County Council’s inside track
- View all issues of inside track newsletter
- NCVO advice on Coronavirus
- Government advice for charity sector
- Charity Excellence Framework toolkit, including Coronavirus assessment and resources
- Charity Bank Resource Hub for Charities and Social Enterprises
- Local Authority Discretionary Grants
- Maidstone Borough Council has provided the following information on these grants, available to businesses whose income has been impacted by Coronavirus - view the message from Maidstone Borough Council here. Applications close 8th June.
- A note on Local Authority Discretionary Grants and Kent Community Foundation Coronavirus Emergency Fund: Local councils have a restriction from central government (Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy) that they cannot give discretionary grants to recipients that have already received central government emergency relief. As there has been no contribution to KCF's Coronavirus Emergency Fund from central government (and therefore based on this criteria alone), recipients of grants from our Emergency Fund are still eligible to apply for a Discretionary Grant.
Other emergency funding for charitable organisations
After searching through over 350 funds for Kent, we have created a useful document listing sources of emergency funding specifically for Kent. View the document here.
The National Lottery Community Fund, emergency funding
Two application streams with no income restrictions
- Awards for All - £300 to £10K - crisis response. Funding to be spent within six months
- Reaching Communities - £10K to £100K – crisis response & resilience. Funding to be spent within six months
“Normal” grant-making is suspended, but if you have an ongoing Lottery grant, they may be able to offer you flexibility regarding the grant's focus. Either contact your Grants Officer or contact the central office 028 9568 0143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charities Aid Foundations Coronavirus Emergency Fund
- Other sources of funding via Ian McLintock, founder of the free Charity Excellence Framework
Useful services for Kent communities
Funding for individuals from Kent Community Foundation and other sources
We have both a Coronavirus Emergency Hardship Fund and our 'usual' funds for individuals.
Please do not apply via the Coronavirus Emergency Fund application form.
Other useful contacts
- Stronger Kent Communities (SKC) - Cross Kent
- Imago Community
- Red Zebra - East Kent - Ashford, Thanet, Folkestone
- Medway CVS - Medway
- NWK CVS - Dartford, Gravesend, Swanley
- Swale CVS - Swale
- Kent Coast Volunteering - Thanet, Ashford, Folkestone
- Canterbury & Herne Bay Volunteer Centre - Canterbury & Herne Bay
- Ashford Volunteer Centre - Ashford
- NWK Volunteer Centre - Dartford, Gravesend, Swanley
- Medway Volunteer Centre (Hands) - Medway
- Funding for All - Cross Kent
- Action for Communities in Rural Kent - Cross Kent